Re: Re: New USDA Zone Map

> More use needs to be made of the AHS heat zones too.

In my part of the world, the heat zone map isn't very useful. It only takes
into consideration the number of days when the temperature is over 86
degrees. The problem with that is that many plants suffer as much or more
with high night temps and/or the lack of variation between day and night
temperatures. In my humid climate we can have weeks where the night temps
don't drop out of the 80's.

If you'd like to listen to a great rant about the Heat Zone map, mention it
to Tony Avent sometime. ;-)

Daryl