Re: new pics

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> The first pic looks a lot like a Celandine Poppy, STYLOPHORUM
diphyllum,
> except that the flower color loos too soft - would be more golden.
Do the
> leaves get a lot bigger after the flower is finished?
----------

You win the prize, Kitty!  That is, most definitely, Stylophorum
diphyllum; the leaf shape is identical to one I just picked from one
of my thousands of this plant - AKA wood poppy.  I think the flower
color in the photo is probably a trick of light as they are more
golden in real life, but color can alter in photos, esp. by the time
you get them up on the web and your browser sees them - all browsers
see color slightly differently.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade