Re: names

Funny about names. My first daughter is Mikhaila (I liked a feminine of Michael, but hated 'Michelle') - then my DH insisted on 'Constant' as a middle name...for the Mikhalis-Menton Constant (he graduated from MIT in chemistry). My second daughter was named Kristin after the Sigrid Undset novel "Kristin Lavransdatter" (she was born in MN). My youngest, Cassie has the Irish diminutive of Catharine.
On Thursday, May 13, 2004, at 06:24 PM, Kitty wrote:

Actually, my sister had picked out the name Megan for her daughter many
years before she was born. Pat named her daughter after the character in
The Thorn Birds. It was unique (here) at the time she read it, but by the
time she had her daughter it was a very popular name. Sort of riled her,
but she still used it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mulch

I just loved the way Meghan looks spelled with an "h"...and being the
perfectionistic creature that I am, don't think it didn't take me
several months of each pregnancy to decide on a name for each of my
babies...almost drove my husband nuts with "should I spell it this way
or that?" or "what do you think about this name or that?"...I can laugh
about it now but at the time it seemed to me a dreadfully important
decision...ooh, the growing pains of first time motherhood! :-)

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein