FW: Tony's Tree

Dear all:  A message from Tony's wife, Janice:

 --- On Fri 05/21, Janice Veca < tjveca@comcast.net > wrote:
From: Janice Veca [mailto: tjveca@comcast.net]
To: mhobertm@EXCITE.COM
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:05:41 -0700
Subject: Tony's Tree

Dear Melody,

Wanted to let you know that we finally did get Tony's Dogwood tree
planted. I don't have the proper name with me at this moment, but I can
send you that info later. It is 8 ft. tall and is planted in a wonderful
spot at the end of the Church Parking Lot in front of large Washington
pines. Our Church property is 15 acres and when standing at the tree you
can see large fields of grass with the Mountains in the background.
Tony's ashes are resting beneath the tree and it is really appropriate
since he worked on those grounds trimming bushes and flowers as a
volunteer many, many hours and absolutely loved the place.

We didn't make a formal announcement of the tree planting ceremony but
it got around by word of mouth. Tony had so many friends who loved him
and more than 100 people came to be there at the planting and many took
turns shoveling dirt around the tree. Tony's favorite scriptures were
read and friends shared many wonderful memories of Tony and his love for
all.

Again, thank you for the gift to make it possible to purchase the tree.
I am having pictures made and will certainly send you copies when they
are available. I'll also send you some pictures of the blooms in Tony's
yard now -- if they come out as I hope.

Much love to you and your family,

Janice

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com