Re: ponds/day two...cont....

I can relate.  Our submersible pump broke down last fall in our large
pond....of course Koi-Boy died shortly thereafter due to the lack of oxygen
(Goldfish were fine).  Tried to get a replacement, not made anymore
unfortuantely..... but apparently everyone is going to external pumps now  for larger
ponds....however the price can kill you.  Put it off until  recently, before the heat
gets here......thought it would take only the weekend  to get the pump set up.
 HA!!!!  Been a week and we are still not  done.  What started as a simple
pump project, ended up in new lines having  to be laid, cleaning the pond,
repotting lilies, etc. etc.
Our small, no filter, no pump ponds are so much easier.  It's worth it
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

Well, Dh  swore it would only take 2 hours max to drain the pond...