Re: Cruel plant

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cruel plant
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:46:58 -0600

The few pieces I have found about this plant on the internet always include
a comment about how, "once you see it in person, you have to have it".  I'm
going to keep an eye on this one.

Another item we got from SH might be more familiar to you; not this species
in particular but the genus.  It is Echium amoenum, Vipers Bugloss.  Most
Echiums are medit-plants and I bet you've seen them in your area.  However,
this one is supposed to be hardy to Zone 5 and I'm eager to see how well it
does.  Apparently other people are, too, because it is sold out at SH.