Re: trimmer/edgers/pole saws

Hmmm- I looked at the black and decker website, and yours is a bit different than the one I used today (we borrowed it from a friend). Seems yours is a bit smaller (8 inch bar) and the one I used was a 10 inch bar- so yours might weigh less, but some how I still suspect I would need bigger shoulder muscles to use the pole extension...

Thanks for the info Jim-
Theresa

james singer wrote:

Right. Chainsaw doesn't come off the pole and the shortest pole you can have is about 7 feet. It has an extension that will make it about 14 feet long, I think [haven't used that yet]. Also, the hype and instructions say it's limited to 4-inch diameter limbs--but I've cut 6-inch limbs so far by notching and cutting. It's very easy to handle and weighs less than my Grass Hog Trimmer. For price, I found Amazon had it at a discount--but my local Home Depot had it for the same discounted price without Amazon's shipping charge.

B&D also makes a similar item that has a hedge trimmer head rather than a chainsaw.

I got it mainly to keep our main avocado and oldest mango in bounds. But so far I've used it to prune a bitter orange that was hanging over my fence and a mulberry that was planted [by me] in the wrong place. Gotta check my calendar on this, but I think next week I'll be using it to top two loquats and remove another.