Re: Chris' echinacea

I'm not a big Vinca fan, but yours looks like it has possibilities. Definitely nicer than the gold-variegated one that came out a while back.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Chris' echinacea

   Terra Nova is still sitting on it with their mouths gagged, despite
   promises to get back to me with photos of it in bloom last October.

I sent an email to Terra Nova about the coneflower this weekend and they
answered me back.

They said that the blooms last year were 'not sufficient to evaluate the
plant'; I'm not sure what that means.  At any rate, they are growing it
to the next bloom cycle and we'll see what happens there!

I've also asked them if they're interested in the Vinca sport that I
found in my backyard, attached to the straight species:

  http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/horticulture/vinmiva10-small.jpg

Chris