From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 10:42 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] clover

Thanks, Jim.  I was out for quite a while - fell down a flight of stairs

and fractured top 3 vertebrae (no four leaf clover luck there).  Was
touch
and go for a while, but I'm alive, grateful, walking, thinking, and have

my priorities in a better order.  The place where they took part of a
rib
to tie everything back together hurt more than the neck/head surgery.
Now
I really don't want to have a screw loose.  Ha.

I've already got one acre planted with native Iowa (Carl Kurtz) prairie
seed, and another acre that has been basically our own private park for
bunch of years - 4 weeping willows and 2 autumn blaze maples, lilac row,

fire ring, etc.  Anyone know something stronger than Roundup to take
care
of the poison ivy on the DNR property that adjoins ours?

Glad to be back.
Mardi

james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net>
Sent by: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
05/19/2008 12:13 PM
Please respond to
gardenchat@hort.net

gardenchat@hort.net
cc

Subject
Re: [CHAT] clover

Mardi!!! It's good to know you're finally back in the office!
Congratulations--six acres is going to be one whoop of a garden. Wow.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'