Re: Re: dragonwing

Now you mention it Jim, I think you're right regarding both heat and
cool.  I was thinking about them inside as houseplants where I find
they like it cooler (like 60F) than regular closer to 70F room heat
and that may be because that cool room doesn't get as dry as the rest
of the house.

Outdoors in summer, mine all seem happy as clams and bloom away all
summer.  They don't bloom in winter in the bedroom, but start about
Feb. when days are longer.  They don't get supplemental light in the
bedroom, so have a short day in winter here, which may have something
to do with it.

I would imagine your large angle wings in the ground are pretty
impressive plants.  I have a couple that would really like to be 4'
or so tall and I can't let them do that; keep hacking them back, poor
dears.  I have read that some can be 6' tall in the ground in
tropical areas.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers