Re: Roll Call.... everyone alright

And then you get to deal with FEMA, which we all know is a "heck of a job."

On Nov 17, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Pam, you usually have to buy flood insurance to cover such problems. Regular
Homeowners doesn't cover it. Ask the Katrina victims about that.

Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Roll Call.... everyone alright

What is w/ the insurance company? Isn't that why you have homeowners
insurance??

On 11/16/05, Gene Bush <genebush@otherside.com> wrote:

Nope! Not so Fine here.
The heavy rain night before last came far too fast and heavy. Something
like 4 to 7 inches in 6 ours. Sewers could not handle it and backed up
through our commode and bath tub. Flowed out into bathroom hallway and
into
the living room to the tune of about 3 inches deep ... and that is with
the
flow down into the furnace ducts. Happened at 2:30 in the am... we got
things under control by about 4:30. Stopped the flow into the house. We
have
been drying out, cleaning up the past two days. Furnace turned off, wood
stove on.
Insurance company will not touch the situation.... we are on our own.
Call is left with local furnace repair to clean and repair ducts to
furnace... mostly clean.. smells like.... well, S--t around here.
Main path up and into the garden is now out in the lawn...We will live,
but not be happy campers for a few days.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com <http://www.munchkinnursery.com>
genebush@munchkinnursery.com