Re: now Horticulture

Scientific journals...........Don't get me started. OK, they really do have some fascinating info in them. I've been critiquing articles for my professors since I started my degree program and some of them are SO YAWN! LOL! But, some of them are truly fascinating. I'm into coevolution of insects and plants at the moment so I've been devouring articles on that. Fortunately, my $3500 tuition gets my into the Texas Tech e-journals that so I can download those articles for free, I mean for $3500, from all sorts of different hort and plant journals. If anyone needs anything let me know! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now Horticulture

I don't always mind repeat articles. 4yrs ago I might not have been interested in a particular topic, but now I am. But I do agree that I don't devour the whole Hort mag the way I did 20 yrs ago. One feature they print only occasionally but is something I really look forward to is "Hort Journal" which usually discusses some new findings. I think readers who find mainstream hort magazines ho-hum, been there-read that after many years are looking for something new, something that keeps them learning. For that, I think they should look to scientific journals, or at least a newsletter compilation of them. I used to get one, can't recall the name, and there was always something of great interest in it. But again, not every issue was riveting as I'm not terrifically interested in every aspect of horticulture.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>