Re: now Horticulture

Thanks Gene, that's a good idea. I also wanted to take your advice (or someone's) and ask them to send me their writing guidelines. I've been playing with some article ideas and I guess I need to know what they want before I jump in. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Bush" <genebush@otherside.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now Horticulture

Hello Andrea,
Since the magazine has to attract enough readers to stay in business they tend to cater to as many gardeners as possible in each issue. Bit like a dysfunctional relationship... hard to keep your identity when you need to be so many things to so many people... (does marriage ring a bell??;-)) So... they end up not pleasing many at times. Big thing is to write the mag and express your thoughts. They do need to hear form you and what you want from them. Believe me, they do listen.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>
I like the regional writings sometimes, but I agree that mainly they are too "elementary" (can't think of a better word this early) for me. I want to know things I don't already know about. They seem to always say things that should be obvious to serious gardeners. Or is that just my bias?