Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

There's a reason we opted for vinyl 10+ years ago. I didn't mind painting nearly as much as I minded the prep work - and the ladders. Never, ever, again.

I don't even like painting the interior, but it needs to get done again.

Our next big $$ job (if I have a job) will be to get vinyl windows. Should have done that when we got the siding, but the triple-track storm and screens were still fairly new.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy Thanksgiving!

I've made up my mind.  Start saving now for vinyl siding.  I'm using top
drawer paint so this should hold it for 10 or 15 years.
What a horrible job. Takes too long, it's boring and my shoulders and hands are absolutely killing me. I'll do the second coat of white tomorrow (if I
can lift my arms), do all the green trim on Saturday and the porch deck on
Sunday.  Brother.