Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:03:47 -0500

Are you going to send out a color postcard to remind your customers to look online?

I understand about the cost of a catalog. A lot of family nurseries are having the same problem, and even many of the bigs are purging mailing lists. I'll miss the color pictures in many of them, though. It gave me something to slobber over when I was too tired to garden.

Well,
We will be taking care of catalogs this year... there will not be one. We
made the decision of eliminate hard copy catalogs beginning this year.
Printing and postage costs to a small business such as ourselves is simply
prohibitive. We know it is going to cost us some of our oldest customers...
but. Time to follow thru, live up to being responsible for our part in the
world we live in.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC
www.munchkinnursery.com