Re: storm..../ contacts
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: storm..../ contacts
  • From: Zemuly <zemuly@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:22:38 -0600

Definitely let's not have Chat expire. Rich, the peonies you sent me
several years ago are the toughest plants in my garden. I have pretty
much let go of all plants that are not tough and drought tolerant. I
can't take the heat like I could when u was younger.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2012, at 2:24 PM, Rich Apking <redfour@omni-tech.net> wrote:

> On 11/4/2012 4:27 PM, Daryl wrote:
>> I think it's sad that the lists are going dormant. While I agree that
sometimes they can bring on information overload, they're much easier to
follow, especially now that Facebook has gone flakey. I can have my
email program sort messages from this or other lists into folders and
read them at my leisure. I follow a couple of groups on Facebook like
the Business of Garden Writing, but Facebook decides what it will
display at any one time. And Twitter is impossible unless you are on it
all of the time. Bah, humbug.

>> -----Original Message----- From: Gene Bush
>> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:26 PM
>> To: gardenchat@hort.net
>> Subject: RE: [CHAT] storm..../ contacts
>>
>> Noreen,
>> I think I remember a similar conversation sometime back about how the list
>> has fallen mostly by the wayside. I believe it is from everyone belonging so
>> one or more kinds of social media. Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. I know every
>> other list that I once could not live without checking in on once a day are
>> now almost all dormant. Or, perhaps it is just me. Too much to keep up with
>> connected to my business.
>>

>> Gene E. Bush

> I don't participate too much in this list, but I'd be very sorry to
see it go dormant. I read all of what is on it, but often don't have
anything to add to the discussion. Guess I'm not much of a joiner,
probably more of a 'lurker', but in a positive sense. I have a site or
whatever on facebook, but don't have a lot of 'friends' there, and true
to form don't have a lot to say. I think twitter is dumb, pr;obably
because I don't understand it. but, to reiterate, let's not have
gardenchat expire. Thanks for listening, Rich