RE: Wildlife
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Wildlife
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 412 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:28:15 -0800

I often wish I could see deer in my front yard like many of you do, but then
I think about all the garden damage y'all talk about, and I come to my
senses. I guess being excited about seeing them (usually the rear end,
bounding away) in the mountains may be best.
My biggest excitement of the year was seeing a bear on the way to our
volunteer lunch in the mountains last month. Six years we've been
volunteering up there, hearing bear stories from everyone and never seeing a
bear. Accused them of making it up, no one's ever produced a photo.  But as
I was driving just before I got to camp, a smallish black bear ran across
the road in front of my car. Slammed on the brakes, I'm shouting to myself
"A bear! A bear! Where's my camera!!" but of course by the time I got the
camera the bear was gone. Now my husband, who wasn't along, thinks I'm
making it up.
I saw a tarantula on my hike Sunday morning, too.  :-)

Cyndi