Re: insect contro/giant whitefly

In a message dated 10/10/2003 12:19:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mtalt@earthlink.net writes:

> I know we humans are speeding up the process of
> moving plants and critters and their attendant baggage around the
> world, but I do wonder sometimes if all the concern about and often
> intrusive efforts to "save" native this or that is worthwhile in the
> long run and large scheme of things.

Marge, I often think that conservationists are merely interested in
preserving the status quo - but what if someone had conserved the status quo at any
given point in the past - these conservationists would have had a totally
different place to conserve.