RE: holiday decorating

Huh? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving??? Kitty...have you been into the catnip?
Today is Columbus Day...you're about 5 weeks early for the other. LOL!
Unless you have one of those families that celebrates holidays on it's
own schedule?????

re: holiday decorating...it is something we get into really big for both
Halloween and Christmas...our little town usually has a contest for each
holiday to see who can put up the best display. Plus we have one lady
who believes in decorating for the fall/winter holidays like she is
related to the Griswalds from the Vacation movies...matter of fact,
around this time of year, that is how her place is referred to by
everyone in town, as in "You wanna go see what the Griswalds have put up
now??" My husband and kids and I love to decorate for halloween...we
have a 10 foot wide spider web that we cover in glow in the dark
webbing, complete with giant spiders; a graveyard with bones, spooky
music, and lots & lots of other stuff. And Trick or Treat in our town is
a hoot!!!! Even the parents dress up in costume to go with their kids
and a few of the homeowners have little mini-haunted yards with cool
visual and sound effects and scary things...We have a neighbor lady who
has been making popcorn balls for about 40 years and the kids who are
now adults with kids and grandkids of their own make it a special
highlight of the holiday to stop at MaryRose's and collect their popcorn
balls. She also mails them to kids in the service so they won't miss out
while they are away from home. And you should see Christmas here...it's
amazing!

We're going to get started on our Halloween decorating this week, as a
way for the kids to relax after school each day as they have
standardized testing (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) all day every day this
week and will need something fun to do after school.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein