Re: hum....

Not urban legend [yet]. It's one of those things anthropologists argue about when they're not arguing over those small cave people. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis

On Oct 12, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Cathy Carpenter wrote:

Actually, I heard that in case of syphilis, it might have been the
other way around. Or is that an urban legend....

Cathy, west central IL, z5b