Re: OT - the tree is coming down

Interesting. Rain-tree has it wrong--or confused. S. molle is not the Brazilian pepper--that's S. terebinthifolius. Quite different trees. The Brazilian pepper, S. terebinthifolius, has been outlawed in Florida, where it is terribly invasive. It's used as a street tree in SoCal, where it is not invasive. I've heard that some people who have ingested the berries of S. terebinthifolius have had somewhat serious reactions to it, but apparently not everyone.