Re: OT - the tree is coming down

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/natives/tamuhort.html -
wonderful website...lots of native trees but many will just grow in Eastern
Texas or in places with lots of water...I loved the red bay (Persea
borbonia var. borbonia) and you could use it to cook.

Also, What about Cercis canadensis var. texensis?  Chionanthus virginicus
(if you could keep it watered)?  Cotinus obovatus (you can see I'm into
fall color - also, very heat and drought tolerant and highly tolerant of
limestone soils)?  Diospyros texana (one of Texas's premier small trees -
lovely bark)?  Pistacia texana?   Prunus mexicana?   Rhus lanceolata
(extremely heat and drought tolerant, and its leaves are vivid red in the
fall)?  Sapindus drummondii?  Vaccinium arboreum (has beautiful red leaves
in fall)?