Re: Re: New Pic...Phillipine Violet

I have the purple one, Noreen. It's something of a nuisance here--seeds all around. Not exactly invasive because, if you're diligent and own a machete, you can control it. I suspect this is why it's not used in local landscaping.

But it is quite pretty and, in spite of myself, I'm somewhat fond of it--so I always allow two or three volunteers survive. And you are quite right about profuse blooming times--right now we've got several masses of purple along the back fence.

I don't know how long it lives in your area, but here it look pretty tatty after about 3 years.