Re: got my loquat planted/ now need tree recommendation

With the emerald ash borer marching across the country, I'd think twice about any Fraxinus.
Cathy
On Oct 22, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/ SCOSI wrote:

Well...how about an ash tree...I like our Raywood ash, very pretty
purple in the fall.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa G.
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:48 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] got my loquat planted/ now need tree recommendation

Naw- don't really want another pear.  They are Ok, but they are
everywhere here. Crepe myrtles don't get very big and I want shade for
the south side of my house again someday....  Thanks for helping me
think about this...
Theresa

andreah wrote:
Theresa-there is another ornamental pear that is stonger than
bradofrd- Calliope, or calypso, or something with a "C"   It was bred
after all the bradfors started splitting down the middle. Just a
suggestion in case you want another.  How about a crepe myrtle? Those
are always great IMO.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa G."
<macycat3@sbcglobal.net>