Re: cat news

I'm sure you're aware of how deadly peanut allergies can be. Pet allergies are nothing compared to that. Last night on a news report they showed how, by introducing minute amounts of peanuts into the person's diet, and building that up over time, can reduce the reaction dramatically. Much of the time I believe people can work in a strategy like that with children who are allergic to pets. They just won't do it.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news

Oh Kitty you are so right. One guy at work was trying to pass their family
cat off to me because one of his spoiled bratty boys has developed an
allergy. I said - what's the matter, the kid can't get allergy shots? It's
covered by our insurance.  I told him in 6 years the kid will be gone,
you'll still have the cat.  Ugh.  Bad topic to get me started on, sorry.

I really give you credit for going the extra mile for your pets. I've just
received another email from a friend who says her son has to get rid of
their younger cat because the older one doesn't like it, so it's not using its box. I do realize behavioral problems are a pain, but most of the time
they can be worked through.  Too many people think pets are disposable.

neIN, Zone 5