Re: cat news

I disagree and think you're both being way to harsh and honestly, a bit arrogant. My brother in law has severe asthma. If he is anywhere near a cat or dog his throat begins to swell and he has trouble breathing. Shots didn't help. I'm not disputing your assertions that some people think pets are disposable (one of my cats was dumped in a shelter at the age of 3 by his previous owner because her new boyfriend preferred dogs.), but some people do have life threatening allergies to pet dander.

Sue

From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 7:03 PM
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat news

I'm sure you're aware of how deadly peanut allergies can be. Pet allergies are nothing compared to that. Last night on a news report they showed how, by introducing minute amounts of peanuts into the person's diet, and building that up over time, can reduce the reaction dramatically. Much of the time I believe people can work in a strategy like that with children who are allergic to pets. They just won't do it.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5