Re: Viruses- the human kind!

I love honey too, but there are warnings about using it for babies under one year. Has been linked to infant botulism. Clostridium botulinum spores are found in honey and activate in infant (under 1 yr) intestines. The spores develop into the bacteria which produces the toxin that causes paralysis and death. Curiously, those over 1 yr are not affected.
Cathy