Re: colchicum.

This thread reminded me that about 5 or 6 years ago I planted a few
dozen assorted Colchicum in various spots around the
garden....absolutely NONE of them seem to have survived; none are
coming up and as I think about it, I can't recall seeing the foliage
last spring.  :-(  Now, I wonder why this is? All seemed to do well,
at first anyway; I know a couple clumps faded away after about 2
years, but one large clump has returned yearly until now - all
locations are well  drained and get at least a couple hours or so of
direct sun a day.  I'm pretty sure voles and critters don't eat these
bulbs but I will not swear to this - anybody know?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :