Re: Sternbergia lutea was: colchicum.

Kitty, I noticed that the S. lutea I have been growing in a pot are
emerging from dormancy.  Now, I would much prefer to put these in the
garden, but figured they'd never return as I don't have a place that
is certain to be bone dry AND receive sun for their dormant period.

Since you are in a colder climate than I am....where in your garden
and in what conditions have you planted yours?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :