From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan [mailto: wmorgan972@ameritech.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:23:09 -0400
Subject: [CHAT] Hello!  Rose question...

Sorry I haven't been able to participate lately. Bill and I are
spending<br>our weekends running back and forth to Indianapolis and
that my brother nearly killed by letting a tree grow<br>through it. We
chopped the tree, but now we have three spindly looking<br>briars that
are still green. Since we will be selling the house and my<br>brother
killed off mother's family peonies, I want to move this rose (a
pass<br>a long plant from an aunt that my father loved and that gives
mom joy too)<br>to Dayton, but I need advice to make certain it survives
the trip. What<br>would all of you suggest? It is an old fashioned rose
that bloomed<br>sporadically throughout the summer and fall--bright red
blossoms that are<br>highly fragrant, and possibly a climber as briars
are 6' to 8' high. (I've<br>never seen black spot nor powdery mildew on
this one.)<br><br>I will appreciate all your

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com