Re: Help with peonies

In a message dated 9/1/2004 3:11:35 AM Central Standard Time,  mtalt@hort.net

Where I  am, only the early peonies have much chance.  Even then, the
large,  luscious doubles often turn into sodden brown messes because
we invariably  have major rain just as they come into bloom...every
durn  year!

Now isn't that the sad truth!  I don't know why I get excited every  year
when their buds are ready to burst.  I ought to know a severe thunder  storm
(likely with hail) is just around the corner. :-)
zone 7
West TN