Re: blister beetles was peony, now Glaucidium, now Aconitum

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] blister beetles was peony, now Glaucidium, now Aconitum
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 02:53:55 -0400

Every once in a while, I get a herd of this beast come through and
strip all of my anemone plants of foliage before I notice they are
there.  They're fast.  I don gloves and derive extreme pleasure from
squashing them, leaving the corpses for their compatriots to
contemplate.  Don't handle without gloves - they didn't get their
name for nothin...big insects.  Don't seem to go after anything but
my anemones for some reason.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis