To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Katrina cont > today

You're all being very kind compared to the front page story in the Wall Street Journal.

-------------- Original message from "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>: --------------

Did you folks see the thousands stranded at the convention center? Nobody
had gotten to them yet...we're talking thousands of people. They are
dropping dead on the sidewalk. No water, no food no FEMA. How difficult is
it to set up a mobile kitchen and start to feed folks? They can feed
thousands of soldiers in an airlift why can't they do it here? They should
have done it three days ago.

There are towns in Mississippi that haven't seen anything of a federal
presence. Where are they? It has been days. I think that the
Administration has really blown this. They tried to take a back seat to
state and local governments somehow not understanding that those entities
are completely overwhelmed. This has to be a national effort. Why don't
they get that? The leadership must come from the top. Enough of the
platitudes they are days late already and each day more people die. How
long with they wait?

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer"