Re: Rita

Thanks Jim, this is great info.  That's what they kept saying that the
smallest item could become a missile and do serious damage....so I'm thinking my
entire yard is an artillery.
So if it is on the ground it is fine???  What about benches??  I  brought in
all the bonsai pots, and took down all the orchids and  bromeliads in the
trees that were not anchored and brought them in.   Heavier hanging baskets I just
set below the trees.  I'm so glad to hear  that I don't have to bring in
every single pot.  Geesh.  If you think  of anything else, please let me know. I
hate to do things that are unnecessary  when so much needs to be done.

My back yard faces due south.  Right now all the computer models bring  the
storm right into the gulf area directly under us.  I live SSE of  Katy, Tx. in
the line of the path.  Matagorda is the closest beach to  us, where we always
go fishing.  Poor folks, that is such a pretty area,  but at least not as
populated as Galveston.  They still say there will be a  serious storm surge going
through all the coast east of Matagorda though.   All of Houston is on the
dirty side of the storm either way.

On a good note, they showed earlier that there were trucks at Pet stores,
etc. evacuating the pets at Vet offices and pet stores.  Was glad to see  that.

Thanks Jim for the advice and the info, much appreciate it.  Our local
stations have been bringing information non-stop all day with updates and advice
on a constant basis, but all was too vague about someone with a garden.
Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 9/21/2005 4:04:02 PM Central Standard Time,