RE: Gosh I miss you guys

Melody, we miss you too, but I understand your needs and priorities.  You
cannot do it ALL.

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!  What an accomplishment with
all you already have on your plate!!!  And yes, we all need one-on=one time
with our kids.  My youngest is 30 and I still want some time alone with each
girl every now and then and so does DH.  Of course, at their ages, it's much
harder to get that time with Rayna working full time and going to school
full time and Tzeitel working full time and taking care of 4 children and a

As for your garden question, last year with trying to get mother situated in
the nursing home, I wanted to get the butterfly garden (which was already a
weedy mess) cleaned out.  It didn't happen because of many circumstances.
This spring the whole bed was totally out of control.  There is no way to
really rescue it now other than dig it out, salvage what I can and start
over, I'm afraid.  If you can get the weeds out this fall, lay brown paper
grocery bags over the soil (leaving holes where plants are growing of
course) and cover it with a layer of mulch, you won't have that much work
next spring.  It worked with another garden area that I was able to get to
last fall.  It has been relatively easy to manage this year while the
butterfly garden is just depressing.  Even the butterflies seem to like the
North side driveway border garden better.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)