Re: Percy

If it were my cat, I would go with Jim's suggestion, but only give it a dozen or so kibble pieces at a time. You will need to feed more often. Some cats just can't tell when they have had enough. When I had time I would feed it a few pieces one at a time by tossing them for the kitten to chase. This worked well for a picky eater to get her changed over to the brand I buy. If she pounced on it she would eat it. My goal would be to get it used to eating small amounts more often. ----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Percy

Hard to say; the cat acts like it has been half-starved, at least in its own mind. If it was my problem, I would feed it dry food only but on demand. I think it's probably more difficult to overeat dry food. And I'd keep a water bowl next to its food bowl. I'd also provide water that's more-or-less chemical-free and change the water bowl every day.