To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] garden pest ID

My guess is you can't keep them from coming back. So think about
minimizing damage. How much damage do they actually do? What do they
like besides heliopsis? Who is their rival gang?

Usually by the time I go through all that, I figure they don't do that
much damage, so I ignore them. And ants probably depend on them and
without ants we'd be in a world of hurt and hip-deep in insect
carcasses.