From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Theresa G.
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 9:15 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] need a fruit tree idea

Ok- I was going to try to plant another apple tree, but was advised
against this by master gardener friend, as we have been getting warmer
and warmer and apples were marginal here in the first place.  So- now
I'm on the hunt for a new fruit tree.  Something that stays relatively
small, has yummy fruit, and wants to be in my overly warm climate.  Kind

of wondering is something semitropical might make it here??  Ideas??
Jim- any input? Maybe a loquat?  Would an avacado grow here (or do they
just get huge?)