Thank you again!!!!
Patricia
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 3, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Daryl <d6fabdb31@rewrite.hort.net> wrote:

Eeeks! I just read this and apologize for the bad grammar and misstatements. Trying to type and deal with automatic spell check and cats jumping up on the keyboard and  in my lap while keeping an eye on the weather does not work. And to think I used to pride myself in multi-tasking. Not anymore. <wlEmoticon-sadsmile[1].png>

But it gives me a chance to give you this link that I didnât have before. http://metroatlantasuburbs.com/atlanta-country-club-golf-course-communities/
and also to tell you that I know a couple of golf nuts at church who can give you better advice.  I can put you in touch if youâd like.  I think one of them lives here - http://www.alpharettaac.com/

From: Daryl
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] moving again questions

Do you have a price range in mind?

Our email address is Alpharetta even though we live in Forsyth County, the next county to the north. Taxes are lower here than they are in Fulton County and home prices can be, too, though theyâre building so many McMansions thatâs no longer always the case.

I know of one house that isnât far over the county line that was home to a small nursery and while the greenhouses are gone, the owner has quite a few nice raised beds if youâd like to do some vegetable gardening and they also gardened some near the house. No garden or lake, though thereâs a creek in the back yard.

There are lots of golf course communities. The Polo Fields is one of them and is a little older than some neighborhoods so many of the owners have already done soil prep and there are mature trees. Last time I gave a talk their, the Polo Fields had a very friendly neighborhood newcomers group as does Olde Atlanta, which also has/had a garden club.
Windermere is nice, but also not on the lake.
Hampton is farther out and has some nice homes on the golf course and a private lake. Itâs also very near Lake Lanier. So is Cannongate at Lanier â another older subdivision.

Let me know what youâre looking for and Iâll see if I can find someone who knows the right place for you.

Would your husband settle for a river view with a nice golf course? I think I know of one and itâs pretty close to Alpharetta. Actually, all of these are close to Alpharetta in distance though not in time if itâs a rush hour.

daryl

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:58 AM
Subject: [CHAT] moving again questions

One more question for the group. We are in the process of making another move to the Atlanta area.  We have been in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma and New Mexico but never Georgia.
Does anyone have any recommendations for that area? Our daughter lives in Alpharetta and we would like to be close enough to be able to watch our granddaughters choir and sports events.  My husband wants to live near a golf course and a lake but I will be there alone while he flies away every week.  I want good soil and a place to grow something again!
Thank you again for all of your advice.  You all have  helped me so many times!
Patricia Dickson

PNG image