Re: Silver Maple

  • Subject: Re: Silver Maple
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:05:03 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray W" <wie1086@oh.verio.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 11:17 PM
Ray
Here are my thoughts on that !! If you could prune about 90% of the roots
off the beast, and continue the process for a few years , it would be a
reasonable tree to have in the yard.  Trouble is of course, it will just
grow them back.  Perhaps you should just do a really severe pruning !! I
think around 1 foot below the surface of the soil would be about right!
Thanks
Ran