Miller Nurseries

  • Subject: Miller Nurseries
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 06:02:07 -0500

After I finished dealing with the 10 inches of SNOW YESTERDAY, I opened the
Miller Nurseries catalogue before it went into the paper shredder. They
carry 3 hostas.I am sharing the plants with you.

There is now a fresh 3" layer of hail/ice pellets on top of yesterday's
plague. I am expecting swarms of locusts next.

#1. Elegante'* Hosta.... "Exotic, blue-reen coloration justifies premium
prices; here it is at regular prices...............thrives from full shade
to bright sun. Never needs fertilizing. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Blue hosta do so
well in bright sunlight.

#2. Gold'n** Green Hosta.......Team up this hardy perennial with some ferns
and transform shady areas into neat attractive places....ridged leaves are
ivy green with white borders...OK for sunny places too. WOW WOW WOW

#3. White beauty Hosta***...Favorite for walkways/driveway plantings,
northern foundations, shaded places. Sub-zero hardy . Creamy white center
stripes on green heart shaped leaves grow into fountain shapes. WOW again.
I have never seen a fountain shaped leaf.

* Just what is that apostrophe doing in Elegante' Hosta? Any body have any
ideas? Eleganted? Elegantey? Eleganten?

** Just where does gold come into this hosta, since it has white borders?
Possibly the flowers?

*** No possible place for an apostrophe? Too bad.

I'll bet Jim Wilkins must have the registration papers from Miller
Nurseries in his hand right at this moment.What great names. Double WOW

I usually try and put out an April Fool's list of hostas for sale on the
robins. I forgot this year. This, although late, will have to do.

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839