Re: Weed control

In a message dated 4/3/1999 9:05:43 AM Central Standard Time,
raffi@sympatico.ca writes:

<<  BTW...I'm the guy who drove the tractor, dumping tons of DDT-dust on
vegetable crops, back in the late 1950's; and this, with just a hanky over my
nose for protection.  This chemical was banned as a health hazard, as soon as
chemical sprays arrived.  Does that mean, I am going to die some day >>

DDT is a very safe chemical -- but in the environment it has a long residual
life and some of it's daughter products accumulate in higher end predators
causing problems.