Variegated cotyledon

Last fall I planted a bunch of open pollinated hosta seeds from
certain selected plants.  Some of these were planted in seperate flats
by pod parent, but the lables are on the bottom of the flats, so I
don't know which seed is in which flat until I transplant the
seedlings - except for the seeds from Abiqua Recluse.

Most of the cotyledons are either green or yellow, but one is
variegated.  I'm assuming the variegated cotyledon will produce a
variegated seedling.  I was wondering if anyone on this robin has had
any experience with detecting variegated seedlings at the cotyledon
stage.  Is this something unique or common for variegated seedlings?

Joe Halinar