Re: botanical nomenclature

  • Subject: Re: botanical nomenclature
  • From: "Pat Mora" <patmora@planetkc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:50:08 -0500

I also notice H. montana 'Praeflorens'   ...and I believe
that has been changed to H. montana 'Macrophylla'?  So am I opening a new can of worms?>
Hi Linda:
    I went through the same questions (still do), my solution was building a database and cross-referencing the different names. It is surprising how many suppliers use the old name, creating renewed confusion with the release of their catalogues.
Pat Mora