Re: elatior

In a message dated 8/6/01 7:13:25 AM, eoneill@attglobal.net writes:

<< Bob, Jim, Marvin (is that right, Lemkeiowa? While we are discussing proper
names..;-))

Anyway..What is the role of the IRA in all this? Shouldn't he be involved?
It just seems that if you are going to go to all the trouble to verify the
names on the Lemke list, there ought to be some kind of validation for the
final list, from the AHS, if not from the IRA/ISHS. And why is George
Schmidt not involved?

Gerry

Gerry;

Lemke's Master List of Hostas in the form of two list.  One in alphabetical
order and the other in numerical order by ID Number. This is used for cross
reference.  The list and accompanying data bank is kept as a hobby over the
past years. I would guess there are at least ten or more data banks kept by
AHS members.  Each in his own style and variable systems.  My records are on
Filemaker Pro.  Other banks are on other PC's and mine is on a I Mac.

My offer to Bob Axmear was to transfer my list electronically so that his
computer could easy read what was there.  So far we have been unsuccessful.
We keep on singing "We shall overcome."

As for the American Hosta Society I will be working with the current
Registrar in any manner in which he might desire.  All this data must be put
on computer with a common system so that it can be easily distributed to all
members.

The big problem is that this is all done by Volunteers.  Therefore progress
is usually rather on the slow side.  I welcome any advise you might care to
donate.

Keep in touch

Lemke's Master List of Hostas
Marvin (Mike) Lemke