Re: Buyer Beware

  • Subject: Re: Buyer Beware
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:16:59 -0500

halinar@open.org wrote:
> Dan and others:
> >Mr. Freese has been paid and claims the plants were sent. The plants
> >never arrived and Mr. Freese won't say who the carrier was.
> I have a general question.  What is the attraction about buying
> hostas, or for that matter just about any plant, from someone on an
> auction when they have no idea of who is selling the plants and have
> no idea of the quality?

Hi Joe
	Except for the persaon who was selling hostas while invoking her
mother's established nursery name I have always thought I was treated ok
buying plants although I seldom buy them from the various auctions. I do
buy computer parts and books, and camera paraphernalia by the truckload
with the auctions and I don't feel this is risky behavior. Plus no one
ever tells you if they consider an established nursery whether online or
from a catalog a good place to deal with but it is there for all to see
with most auctions.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/