Re: west nile virus

  • Subject: Re: west nile virus
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:32:57 EDT

Minnesota has gotten more than it's share of rain this year.
I have a low land in the front yard that is left wild(except for the hostas that have just appeared there...).
It has flooded 7 times this year..and I have water standing in it right now.

We have been using Mosquito Bits, Quick kill. It is a biological mosquito killer.
I do believe you can find it on the web. Is safe for watergarden..but I don't know about the Koi.

Then we had Mosquito Control show up in our front yard...they also used a great cold spray..but I am not sure what it was. We didn't have a bite for 2 weeks.
Till the next flood...I know it is time to call them again...before we get carried off.

We have confirmed cases of West Nile in Hennnepin County, which is the next county over from us
Here we have to stick with the deet sprays. With Deep Woods off as the best to fight the state bird here for the longest time..

Hope you find somthing..