Re: roundup

  • Subject: Re: roundup
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

Butch say; apocryphal--an urban myth--old wives tale

I followed the roundup discussion and did the same
sort of research to learn more about roundup.

The weakest link with collectors is their lack of real
horticulture knowledge and of course me included. Not
that you must be trained in all the disciplines that
may affect your gardening. Agronomy, chemical,
genetics, hydrology, to many to mention, to enjoy and
have a nice garden.

Big BUT don't be easily led off on wild goose tales by
good intentioned anecdotal stories. Its almost like
bad news on television. We are easily misled and I'm
no different, unless I stop and think and research.

In the case of Roundup, it is volatilized in 24-48
hrs. If you keep out of contact for a couple of days
then there can't be any, however obscure, reactions.

Years ago there was a big discussion about various
amendments, alfalfa pellets, greensand, god knows what
all. Many things may give a small spike in growth yet
they cannot be worth the cost. And any addition has
some chemical properties which can be overdone so your
taking a chance for little if any gain. Lets look at
alfalfa pellets, I believe their real value was the
organic matter that was added not any magic
ingredients. Now I have not done side by side testing
but I have looked into how the earth deals with
renewing itself each year and how it grows plants.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail