Re: roundup

  • Subject: Re: roundup
  • From: earthspirit <bdn7458@mailbag.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:45:50 -0500

I never thought too much about my dog (a 50 pound Aussie) and Round-up, and he went everywhere with me......since I use a blue dye with the Round-up to tell exactly where the spray is, I knew he had gone thru it because his paws were blue. He started having seizures shortly after that, and I started thinking that perhaps, the exposure to wet leaves coated with Round-up was what might be causing the problem, since there was absolutely nothing else that he could have gotten into. My sister has the parents and NONE of her other puppies/dogs have had a problem with seizures, and she keeps in contact with all of them......so it wasn't genetic. My dog never leaves my property, and spends most of his time at my feet if possible. This was just-applied Round-up so it wasn't dry yet. I'm not positive that the Round-up was the problem, but my dogs are not allowed outdoors any more till the Round-up dries just to make sure. Jean Bawden, Madison, Wi