Re: roundup

Bill Meyer wrote:

>        Do you think something else might have been the problem? If so, the
> problem may still exist there as a threat to other pets or even family
> members. Were any other chemicals used where the dog may have been exposed
> to them? Roundup seems to be an unlikely source of the problem.

Thanks for this, Bill. It had occurred to me that perhaps it was not the
toxicity (because things can be toxic without being lethal, as I'm sure you
know) of the Roundup, but an allergic reaction by the [very small] dog to the
chemical. But she didn't die quickly of anaphylactic shock. She vomited
profusely, became dehydrated, and dropped dead. The vet was completely sure it
was the Roundup since I had never had any chemicals in the yard before. So, I
accepted what he said without any critical thinking. Perhaps Roundup on the
paws is apocryphal--an urban myth. The dog may have had, say, a spider bite or
somesuch and it was coincidental to the Roundup application. In any case,
thanks for passing along valuable information. Kris